I been a little busy, BUT I guess it's only right that I write my review for “Nightmare On Squares Street” on Friday the 13th.
On August 3rd, Da A$tronautz dropped their newest mixtape entitled “Nightmare On Squares Street”. Hailing from Jackson, Mississippi, Sir Flywalker, who actually makes beats and produces, & Co$ign bring a different approach to music. In my opinion, it's hard to find a rap group who can have fun with their music, while still being creative, innovative, and intelligent. I'm not even gassin the group just because Flywalker is my homie. This is my honest opinion. I would honestly BUMP this music, even if I didn't associate with either one of these dudes outside of the music. With that being said, here's MY review of the “Nightmare On Squares Street” mixtape.
DOWNLOAD THE TAPE HERE.
2. Welcome Mat – Beat is fire. Both verses are on point. I always like songs that I can just listen to over and over and not get tired of it. This song is one of those. Everything about this song is catchy. Co$ign's delivery is on point and Flywalker always delivers so effortlessly you can't be disappointed.
3. Back Row – When rappers speak on how “fly” they are and shit, usually it's annoying. When you can visually, lyrically, and metaphorically see how fly the rapper(s) is/are it's a whole different story. This song is definitely a head-nodder. Period.
4. Bitch I'm.
5. Cool – This track isn't bad, but I don't smoke anymore, so it's kind of monotonous to me. Smokin songs just don't keep my attention anymore, but I don't hate this song. The beat change in the middle of the song is dope as fuck.
6. Wake Up – For some reason I don't have this track in my folder. I might have accidentally deleted it. *OOPS FACE*
7. Sleepin – No explanation, this track is just dope. Both rappers deliver. I wasn't left unsatisfied. 2 minutes and 47 seconds of greatness.
8. Hipsters – The intro to this song is beyond funny. The beat is dope as fuck. Lyrics are on point. There's no way that you can say anything wack about this track. This is one of my favorite tracks.
10. DJ Dow Jones Speaks.
11. Impala Seats – I love this track. I love Co$ign on this track. If you haven't seen the video for this track, click HERE.
12. Party – For some reason this doesn't even sound like Da A$tronautz. I love this track. It's so different , yet enjoyable. I don't drink and “party”, but I digs this track. I actually think HBZ, who's featured on the track, stole the shine from the Nautz. Pure dopery!
13. Runnin Late.
14. Told You So – I don't know if the beat was sampled or not, BUT I love the fuck outta this shit. Referencing to sneakers, Nike, or shoe boxes doesn't lose any points, neither. This is just a laid back cool ass track about how these two dudes are puttin in work and aren't letting anyone down talk their hustle. I digs it. Sir Flywalker and Co$ign KILLED this track. It's my favorite on the tape.
15. Lemonade 4 Sale.
16. In The Club – This song is humorous and true. Females always try to deny the fact, but Da A$tronautz tell it like it is.
17. Wright Brothers.
18. Peace & Hair Grease – Dope beat. Dope concept.
Don't sleep on these dudes. With Co$ign's outgoing delivery and Sir Flywalker's intellectual concepts and metaphors, they're worth talking about. Feel free to hit em up so that you can be in the know. Squares beware!